The best time of year to book yoga retreats is between April and October. Since we are situated at around 700m elevation, March may still be a little chilly here, but by April the weather should be ideal for a warm and sunny Yoga Retreat. Here is an idea of average weather throughout the year: http://www.yr.no/place/Spain/Valencia/La_Vall_de_Laguar/statistics.html.
Here at Finca Margarita, we can offer small, intimate Yoga Retreats, with a limit of 4 guests (plus yoga teacher), allowing you to give your guests lots of personal attention. In the future, we are looking at ways to increase our water storage capacity and solar energy production to enable us to run larger retreats, but for the moment we find that these small retreats are very successful and allow us to provide the best experience for both guests and visiting yoga teachers alike.
Guest accommodation consists of 2 shared twin bedrooms, each with en-suite bathrooms. The guest accommodation is situated downstairs with a separate entrance-way (guests are given a key per room, so that they can remain more independent to come and go when they wish). Visiting yoga teachers have their own large upstairs room with double bed & office space, sharing a bathroom with us.
All of the bedrooms are available before and after official retreat dates if people want to arrive earlier or stay on for a few days after the retreat. Car hire is usually fairly cheap and recommended for those staying on so that they can remain independent (the Finca is remotely situated nestled up in the mountains, so a car is necessary to get to shops etc).
As a guide figure, we are considering guest payment of around £500pp* for a 5 day retreat. This would then be split equally between the visiting yoga teacher and ourselves. Please contact us with your ideas for a retreat, and we will discuss appropriate prices with you then.
* Please note that the guest price for your retreat is entirely up to you, the teacher, factoring in your own flight costs, time of year & your expected daily rate, as well as where you and your students live & how much would be deemed affordable & appropriate. We are keen to keep the retreats as affordable and as inclusive as possible, whilst still ensuring that all costs are covered & providing the visiting teachers (and us) with a fair daily rate.
There are usually a range of low-cost flights to Alicante (or Valencia). We strongly recommend that the visiting teacher hires a car, to enable day trips to the beach or surrounding area. The transfer bus for guests is €25 each way (either you or we can then collect guests from bus stop in nearest village), although of course this won’t be needed if guests also choose to hire a car.
All food, snacks & drinks are included in the price, including packed lunches for days out. Myself and my partner are both vegan, so all food provided is home-cooked, nutritious and delicious plant-based cuisine! We can also include some local Spanish red wine, or omit alcohol, depending on the type of retreat, and desires of the teacher/group.
In terms of payment, we are happy to take payment directly from the guests, with the yoga teacher invoicing us for the teaching (50% of total payments), or alternatively the teacher can take payments from guests and we can send an invoice for the food & accommodation.
Suggested activities for Yoga Retreats include:
- Ayurvedic Massage (25 euros for 45 minutes) – this needs pre-booking when guests book on the retreat so that I can organise with local masseuse
- Local walks – we can come up with some maps/guides/recommended routes if you are interested
- Walk/drive to local restaurant (30-45minute walk or 2 minute drive) – they do very good value menu del dia (with vegan & non-vegan options), I think it’s about 14 euros
- Beaches – either flat sandy beach, great for a fun day of practising balances/inversions/acroyoga or just enjoying the warm calm mediterranean sea! There is a lovely cafe on the beach which serve traditional Spanish snacks & drinks. Other option is a pretty rocky coastline with caves for shade & incredible snorkelling & amazing restaurants (they do great vegan paella & also fresh seafood etc, bit more expensive than the restaurants closer to us though)
- Other – if you or the guests have any special interests we are happy to do a bit of research or come up with some other ideas!